Setting up and Using an ACD Line
An ACD Line is an extension that is under the control of Automated
Call Distribution software which automatically distributes calls
based on a pre-defined set of rules. CTILink allows the user to control the
ACD functions through it's ACD controls
- In the Properties Dialog highlight
a phone device to set as an ACD line and click to display the Setup
ACD Line dialog.
- Check the check box to enable ACD
functionality for this device in CTILink.
- For automatic ACD Login, enter the ACD Login password in the upper edit
field. Leave this field blank if CTILink is being used by more than one user
with different ACD Login passwords or if it is desired to have a user enter
the password every time they log into the ACD for security reasons.
- The ACD Agent Group number identifies the group that the ACD Login belongs
to. More than one group can be entered by seperating group numbers with a
semi-colon (;). Failure to enter this number will result in an error when the
button is clicked.
- Click to accept the settings and dismiss the
If an extension is not setup as an ACD Line, the ACD controls will not be
- The button is used to login to the ACD group. When
the button appears down, the extension is logged in; otherwise, the extension
is not logged in and all the other ACD buttons will be disabled. When logging
in a password dialog may appear (see Setting an ACD line up above).
- The button is used to make the extension busy
which will signal to the ACD software that no calls should be placed to the
extension. Calls dialed directly to the extension will still ring through.
Also, in most cases, if an extension is logged in and a call is not answered
within a prescribed number of rings the ACD software automatically puts the
extension on busy. The extension is busy if the button is down.
button allows an
ACD supervisor to listen in to an already established call. When the button is
clicked a dialog queries for the supervisor number and then rings it.
- The button provides ACD statistics as shown in the following