What is CTILink?
CTILink is a 32-bit program that brings full-featured
Integration to the PC. Using state of the art Windows
technology including COM and ActiveX controls, contact managers, database
programs and other applications have access to CTI without having to understand
the technical details.
Among the benefits that CTILink provides are:
- On screen control of telephony features: Numbers are dialed, calls answered and
disconnected, lines held and released and third party control including
consultation calling, conferencing and transfer are all accomplished with the
click of a mouse.
- Choice of phone services: Whether the phone service is TAPI, TSAPI or Mitel's
MiTai, the features and functionality remain the same.
- Tight integration to Outlook and TeleMagic: CTILink fully telephony enables these
highly configurable contact managers. Simply clicking on an icon from within a
contact record dials the number over the PBX. When a call arrives, the
appropriate contact record is displayed and can be answered directly from the
- Integration to custom applications: Using COM, custom
applications written in C, C++, Pascal, Visual Basic, VB Script, Java
Script or Java can automate CTILink to place calls and receive inbound
call information such as Caller ID, ANI and DNIS. CTILink maintains all
telephony states allowing the custom applications to provide sophisticated
call control with incredible ease. HTML forms and all the Microsoft Office
applications including Access, Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point can
incorporate the CTILink ActiveX Phone Bar directly into their forms.
- Phone search ranges: Many times, the caller number from arriving calls is
different depending on which extension the number was dialed from. This causes
a problem when looking up numbers because all the numbers actually reference
one lookup number. CTILink provides the ability to map all numbers from a
source to one lookup number.
- North American Numbering Plan: In many areas, some area codes must be dialed as local and
within a local area code, some prefixes must be dialed as long distance.
CTILink provides the ability to create rules so that all numbers are dialed
- Power dialing from Outlook:
The CTILink Power Dialer menu bar accessible in Outlook contact folders provides the
sales organization with the means to automatically dial the next number
in a list as soon as the current call is